Subclinical Hypothyroidism and Autoimmune Thyroiditis in Pregnancy - A Study in South Indian Subjects
R Gayathri, S Lavanya, K Raghavan
- Greenman GW, Gabrielson MO, Howard-Flanders J, Wessel MA, Thyroid dysfunction in pregnancy. Fetal loss and follow- up evaluation of surviving infants. N Eng J of Med 1962; 267:426-31.
- Niswander KR, Gordon M, Berendes HW. The women and their pregnancies: In the collaborative perinatal study of the National Institute of Neurological Disease Stroke. Philadelphia. WB Saunders 1972; 246-49.
- Man EB, Brown JF, Serunian SA. Maternal hypothyroxinemia: Psychoneurological deficits of progeny. Ann Clin Lab Sci 1991; 21: 227-39.
- Davis LE, Levono KJ, Cunningham FG. Hypothyroidism complicating pregnancy. Obst Gynaecology 1990; 97: 536-39.
- Klein RZ, Haddow JE, Faix JD, et al. Prevalence of thyroid deficiency in pregnant women. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 1991; 35: 41-6
- Green AS, Roman SH, Cobin RH, el-Harazy E, Marfany MA, Davies TF. Detection of at risk pregnancy by means of highly sensitive assays for thyroid auto antibodies. JAMA 1990; 264: 1442-5.
- Prummel MF, Wiersinga WM. Thyroid Autoimmunity and miscarriage. Eur J Endocrinology 2004; 150: 751-5.
- Man EB, Jones WS, Holden H, Mellits ED. Thyroid function in human pregnancy. 8. Retardation of progeny aged 7 years: relationships to maternal age and maternal thyroid function. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1971; 111: 905-16.
- Gharib H, Tuttle RM, Baskin HJ, Fish LH, Singer PA, McDermott MT. Subclinical Thyroid Dysfunction: A joint Statement on Management from the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, the American Thyroid Association, and The Endocrine Society. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2005; 90: 581-85.
- Hollowell JG, Staehling NW, Flanders WD, et al. Serum TSH, T(4) and thyroid antibodies in United States population (1988 to 1994): National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III). J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2002; 87: 489-99.
- Burrow GN, Fisher DA, Larsen PR. Maternal and fetal thyroid function. N Engl J Med 1994; 331: 1072-8.
- Vulsma T, Gons MH, Vijlder De JJ. Maternal-Fetal transfer of thyroxine in congenital hypothyroidism due to a total organification defect or thyroid agencies. N Engl J Med 1989; 321: 13-16.
- Casey BM, Dashe JS, Wells CE, et al. Subclinical hypothyroidism and pregnancy outcomes. Obstet Gynecol 2005; 105: 239-45.
- Green AS, Chen X, Bogden JD, Davies TF, Scholl TO. The thyroid and pregnancy: a novel risk factor for very preterm delivery. Thyroid 2005; 15: 351-57.
- Leung AS, Millar LK, Koonings PP, Montoro M, Mestman JM. Perinatal outcomes in hypothyroid pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol 1993; 81: 349-53.
- Abalovich M, Gutierrez S, Alcaraz G, Maccallini G, Garcia A, Levalle O. Overt and subclinical hypothyroidism complicating pregnancy. Thyroid 2002; 12: 63-8.
- Glinoer D, Riahi M, Grun JP, Kinthaert J. Risk of subclinical hypothyroidism in pregnant women with asymptomatic autoimmune thyroid disorders. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1994; 79: 197-204.
- Stagnaro GA, Glinoer D. Thyroid autoimmunity and risk of miscarriage. Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 2004; 18: 167-81.
- Negro R, Formoso G, Mangieri T, Pezzarossa A, Dazzi D, Hassan H. Levothyroxine treatment in euthyroid pregnant women with auto immune thyroid disease: effects on obstetrical complications. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2006; 91: 2587-91.
- Vaquero E. Mild thyroid abnormalities and recurrent spontaneous abortion: Diagnostic and therapeutic approach. Am Journ of Reprod Immunol 2000; 43: 204-8.
- LeBeau BS, Mandel SJ. Thyroid disorders during pregnancy. Endocrinol Metab Clinical North America 2006; 35: 117-36.